Free Study in Austria – How to apply?
Austria is one of those few Scandinavian countries having state funded education system, so thousands of foreign students get free education here. Thousands of under-grad and post-grad programs are offered in English language. Students from more than 130 countries come and join highly prestigious Austrian institutes. They experience multicultural environment and a blend of ancient-modern knowledge here. Austrian universities provide practical working opportunities to its students, so in this way graduates from these universities come into contact with companies during their studies.
Things You Need…
You would need to present following documents to Austrian Embassy for visa application;
- Duly filled and signed visa application form
- Original admission/offer letter from an Austrian college or university
- Valid passport and National Identity Card (original and copy)
- Four snaps with white back ground (size 35×45 mm)
- All educational documents attested by Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Proof of accommodation in Austria e.g. tenancy agreement
- Proof of a health insurance valid from entry to the beginning of your studies
- Police record/certificate of good conduct
- Financial proof that you can bear cost of living during your stay in Austria; detail is given below:
If you are below 24 years: A living expenditure of Euros 433/ per month
If you are above 24 years: A living expenditure of Euros 784/per month
You must show living expenditure of at least 12 months. Proof might be a blocked deposit in an Austrian bank, guarantee of an Austrian resident or travel cheques of the required amount.
Information about the address, email and phone numbers of concerned departments is given below.
Austrian Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
Street Address: House 13, 1st Street Shalimar, F 6/3, Islamabad
Postal Address: P.O.B 1018 G.P.O. Islamabad, Pakistan
Tel: (+92-51) 220 97 10
Fax: (+92-51) 282 83 66